The global “prostate stents market size” is poised to experience a period of considerable expansion owing to the increasing prevalence of prostate cancer worldwide. The prostate is a gland that is located near the bladder in men and is regulated by the hormone testosterone. According to the GLOBOCAN report produced by the International Agency for Research on Cancer (IARC), nearly 1,276,106 new prostate cancer cases were reported in 2018, making it the fifth-leading cause of global deaths and second-most common cancer in men. In the US, the American Cancer Society estimated that approximately 174,650 men in America were diagnosed with prostate cancer in 2019. More importantly, the risk factors associated with prostate disorders and cancers include obesity, old age, family history, African-American ethnicity, and genetic changes.
The first two risk factors pose the greatest threat as the number of obese people are growing and the global geriatric population is unswervingly expanding. The combined effect of these developments is expected to be seen on the demand for advanced treatments for treating prostate disorders and drive the prostate stents market trends in the forthcoming years.
Request a Sample Copy of the Research Report: https://www.fortunebusinessinsights.com/enquiry/request-sample-pdf/prostate-stents-market-101836
Leading Players operating in the Prostate Stents Market are:
Key players are involved in mergers and acquisition to strengthen their market position. Owing to increasing competition frequent innovations are taking place in the market. Some of the companies operating the industry are:
- Boston Scientific Corporation
- Cook Medical
- Olympus Corporation
- Smith and Nephew
- Coloplast Group
- Pure Medical Devices
- Protek Medical Products, Inc.
Possible Side Effects of Prostatic Stents to Negatively Impact Uptake
A prostate stent is a medical device inserted into the prostate gland to widen or open up the male urethra. This device has proven to be a blessing for men with Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia (BPH) who cannot withstand surgery or any other aggressive treatments. However, these devices can prove disadvantageous owing to some of the side-effects they are likely to have on the patient. For example, prostate stents can lead to increased frequency of urination with reduced incontinence. Since these stents have a fixed diameter, moving or recalibrating them may not be possible once they are placed.
Furthermore, in case they get dislodged, they can obstruct the path of the urine or may even cause complete incontinence. As a result, stringent regulations have been placed on the commercial sale of these stents. This, along with lack of skilled professionals, is anticipated to mar the prostate stents market growth in the coming decade.
Prostate Stents Market Segmentation:
By Product Type
By Material Type
By End User
- Specialty Clinics
- Research and Academic Institutes
- North America (USA, Canada)
- Europe (UK, Germany, France, Italy, Spain, Scandinavia, and Rest of Europe)
- Asia Pacific (Japan, China, India, Australia, Southeast Asia, and Rest of Asia Pacific)
- Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and Rest of Latin America)
- Middle East & Africa (South Africa, GCC, and Rest of Middle East & Africa)
Reasons to Purchase this Report:
- Comprehensive analysis of the Prostate Stents Market growth drivers, obstacles, opportunities, and other related challenges.
- Tracks the developments, such as new product launches, agreements, mergers and acquisitions, geographical expansions, and joint ventures.
- Identifies market restraints and boosters.
- Identifies all the possible segments present in the market to aid organizations in strategic business planning.
Have Any Query? Ask Our Experts:https://www.fortunebusinessinsights.com/enquiry/speak-to-analyst/prostate-stents-market-101836
KEY QUESTIONS ANSWERED:
- What are the key technological and Prostate Stents Market trends shaping the market?
- What are the key opportunities in the market?
- What are the key companies operating in the market?
- Which company accounted for the highest market share?
- Why Choose Fortune Business Insights?
- What is the market size and growth rate of the global and regional market by various segments?
- What is the market size and growth rate of the market for selective countries?
- Which region or sub-segment is expected to drive the market in the forecast period?
- What Factors are estimated to drive and restrain the Prostate Stents Market growth?
An Overview of the Impact of COVID-19 on this Market:
The emergence of COVID-19 has brought the world to a standstill. We understand that this health crisis has brought an unprecedented impact on businesses across industries. However, this too shall pass. Rising support from governments and several companies can help in the fight against this highly contagious disease. There are some industries that are struggling and some are thriving. Overall, almost every sector is anticipated to be impacted by the pandemic.
We are taking continuous efforts to help your business sustain and grow during COVID-19 pandemics. Based on our experience and expertise, we will offer you an impact analysis of coronavirus outbreak across industries to help you prepare for the future.
Click here to get the short-term and long-term impact of COVID-19 on this Prostate Stents Market. Please visit: https://www.fortunebusinessinsights.com/industry-reports/prostate-stents-market-101836
Fortune Business Insights™ offers expert corporate analysis and accurate data, helping organizations of all sizes make timely decisions. We tailor innovative solutions for our clients, assisting them to address challenges distinct to their businesses. Our goal is to empower our clients with holistic market intelligence, giving a granular overview of the market they are operating in.
Our reports contain a unique mix of tangible insights and qualitative analysis to help companies achieve sustainable growth. Our team of experienced analysts and consultants use industry-leading research tools and techniques to compile comprehensive market studies, interspersed with relevant data.
Fortune Business Insights™ Pvt. Ltd.
308, Supreme Headquarters,
Survey No. 36, Baner,
Pune – 411045, Maharashtra, India.
US :+1 424 253 0390
UK : +44 2071 939123
APAC : +91 744 740 1245