The rising prevalence of end stage renal disease and surge in demand for home dialysis treatment are anticipated to drive the global peritoneal dialysis market, finds Fortune Business Insights in a new study. The study is titled “Peritoneal Dialysis Market: Global Market Analysis, Insights, and Forecasts, 2018 – 2025.” According to the study, the global peritoneal dialysis market will rise at 6.9% CAGR and reach a value of US$ 6,077.2 Mn by 2025 from US$ 3,589.9 Mn.
Rising Preference for Dialysis Treatment at Home to Drive Market
The Global Peritoneal Dialysis Market is witnessing growth due to several reasons. One of the major factors propelling demand for the market is the increasing geriatric population and their vulnerability towards chronic disorders such as hypertension, diabetes, and kidney disorders. Besides recent advancements in technology, patients are likely to opt for peritoneal dialysis due to the rise in their disposable income and increasing willingness to spend on advanced treatments. The above factors all help the peritoneal dialysis market exhibit a steady growth in the future.
KEY COMPANIES MENTIONED IN REPORT
- Baxter International Inc.
- Fresenius Kabi
- Utah Medical Products
- Glomeria Therapeutics
- Poly Medicure Ltd.
- Cook Medical
- CardioMed Supplies Inc.
- Medical Components, Inc.
The automated peritoneal dialysis (APD) segment emerged as the most attractive therapy type in the past. It is one of the preferred types of renal replacement treatment among people suffering from end-stage renal diseases. In 2015, National Center for Biotechnology Information (NCBI) published an article, which stated that about 60% of the patients in the U.S., diagnosed with peritoneal dialysis prefer APD rather than other treatment methods, while the number of people opting for APD in Europe is 50%. This is because of the recent advancements in the technology, increasing popularity of the cycler, and new product developments that APD is further expected to continue its dominance during the forecast period.
- Other Accessories
By End User
- Home health care
- Hospitals and Others
TABLE OF CONTENT:
1.1. Research Scope
1.2. Market Segmentation
1.3. Research Methodology
1.4. Definitions and Assumptions
2. Executive Summary
3. Market Dynamics
3.1. Market Drivers
3.2. Market Restraints
3.3. Market Opportunities & Trends
4. Key Insights
4.1. Global Prevalence of CKD (2016)
4.2. Global Prevalence of treated End-stage Renal Disease (2016)
4.3. Estimated Number of Patients on HD vs PD (2017)
4.4. Overview of Major Dialysis Services Providers
4.5. Number of Nephrologists (2016)
4.6. Number of Nephrologists by Continent (2016)
5. Global Peritoneal Dialysis (PD) Market Analysis, Insights and Forecast, 2014-2025
5.1. Key Findings / Summary
5.2. Market Analysis, Insights and Forecast – By Type
5.3. Market Analysis, Insights and Forecast – By Product
5.3.3. Others Accessories
5.4. Market Analysis, Insights and Forecast – By End User
5.4.1. Home Health Care
5.4.2. Hospital & Others
5.5. Market Analysis, Insights and Forecast – By Geography
5.5.1. North America
5.5.3. Asia Pacific
5.5.4. Latin America
5.5.5. Middle East & Africa
Secondary Data Sources That We Refer To
- Annual reports, investor presentation, SEC filings, and press releases of companies operating in the market
- Studies published by relevant associations MedTech Europe; American College of Radiology; Cancer Council Australia; Japan Hospital Association, etc.), government sources (Centers for Disease Control & Prevention, Ministry of Health, Labour & Welfare, Japan; National Health Service, England, etc.), international organizations (World Health Organization, The Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development, Eurostat, etc.), and articles published by Research Gate, NCBI, etc.
- Website, reports, and press releases of end user facilities – Hospitals, Ambulatory Surgery Centres, Clinics
- Industry journals and paid databases