Proactive role played by regulatory bodies in approving novel drugs will fuel the global Dravet syndrome market growth during the forecast period. Dravet syndrome is a severe form of epilepsy that occurs in the first year of life and becomes a lifelong condition characterized by frequent and prolonged seizure episodes. It is a rare disorder, affecting 1 in every 15,700 Americans, according to the National Institutes of Health. Since it’s a rare disease, it requires unique treatment methods and many companies and institutions are coming to the fore with novel therapies. They are receiving encouragement from regulatory bodies such as the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) of the US. For example, the FDA, for the first time, cleared a cannabis-derived purified drug called epidiolex in June 2018. Such supportive regulatory policies are expected to emerge as one of the key Dravet syndrome market trends in the forthcoming years.
For more information in the analysis of this report, visit: https://www.fortunebusinessinsights.com/industry-reports/dravet-syndrome-market-101181
Monopoly of a Few Key Players to Stiffen Competition
Stiff competition is anticipated to emerge in this burgeoning market as the market share is held by a limited number companies. These competitors are solely focusing on enhancing their R&D capacities to bring out new and innovative product offerings.
Key Industry Developments:
- July 2019: Epygenix Therapeutics, Inc., a biopharmaceutical company for Dravet syndrome, received the FDA’s Investigational New Drug Application (IND) approval for the Phase I of its 2-period, placebo-controlled study for treatment of Dravet syndrome. The study aims at understanding the efficacy of the company’s EPX-100 drug on fasting healthy subjects after a high-fat meal.
- July 2018: Takeda Pharmaceutical Company and Ovid Therapeutics announced the initiation of their collaborative three clinical programs. One of the trials in this program is the study of pediatric patients suffering from Dravet syndrome and Lennox-Gastaut syndrome. The aim of the study is to investigate the modulation of the N-Methyl-D-Aspartate (NMDA) signaling receptor, which has been identified as a causative factor in many neurological conditions.
Request a Sample Copy of the Global Dravet Syndrome Market Research Report: https://www.fortunebusinessinsights.com/enquiry/request-sample-pdf/dravet-syndrome-market-101181
Prominent Players Profiled in the Dravet Syndrome Market Report:
- Epygenix Therapeutics, Inc.
- Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited
- PTC Therapeutics
- GW Pharmaceuticals plc.
- Ovid Therapeutics
Global Dravet Syndrome Market Segmentation
- Vagus Nerve Stimulation (VNS)
By Distribution Channel
- Hospital Pharmacies
- Retail Pharmacies
- Online Pharmacies
- North America (USA and Canada)
- Europe (UK, Germany, France, Italy, Spain, Scandinavia and Rest of Europe)
- Asia Pacific (Japan, China, India, Australia, Southeast Asia and Rest of Asia Pacific)
- Latin America (Brazil, Mexico and Rest of Latin America)
- Middle East & Africa (South Africa, GCC and Rest of Middle East & Africa)
More Trending Topics From Fortune Business [email protected]