The global ‘clear aligners market‘ is expected to gain momentum from the ongoing technological developments, training of new doctors, and rising partnerships and acquisitions. This information is given by Fortune Business Insights™ in a recent study, titled, “Clear Aligners Market Size, Share & Covid-19 Impact Analysis, By Patient Age Group (Teenager, and Adults), By End User (Hospitals, and Dental & Orthodontic Clinics), and Regional Forecast, 2020-2027.” The study further states that this market size stood at USD 2.31 billion in 2019 and is projected to reach USD 5.58 billion by 2027, thereby exhibiting a CAGR of 18.7% during the forecast period. The following market is expected to decline significantly in 2020 due to the COVID-19 impact and hence the 2020-2027 CAGR is high.
Numerous industries have been affected harshly because of the outbreak of the COVID-19 pandemic. However, by following certain guidelines provided by the ruling bodies, we can surely battle this pandemic. We will ensure that you receive the most authentic research reports on every industry.
Request a Sample Copy of the Research Report:
This Report Answers the Following Questions:
- Which companies would remain in the leading position by surging sales of clear aligners?
- How are the companies trying to increase the adoption of these aligners amongst the populaces?
- What are the crucial market trends, drivers, barriers, challenges, and opportunities?
- Which segment is expected to dominate the market by procuring the largest share?
Drivers & Restraints-
Rising Prevalence of Dental Malocclusion & Misalignment to Aid Growth
As per our research, around 60% of the total population across the globe suffer from the issues of misalignment and malocclusion of teeth. Approximately 300 million people can benefit from straightening their teeth. Apart from that, numerous factors such as negligence towards dental care and low awareness about the harmful effects of malocclusion are causing a reduction in the number of treatment procedures to strengthen teeth. The adoption of clear aligners is very low even though almost 10-12 million people worldwide seek orthodontic treatment each year. This under usage of products is offering a significant opportunity for the companies to expand their geographic presence. They are creating awareness amongst the masses to educate them about the advantages of treating malocclusion. These factors are expected to boost the clear aligners market growth in the coming years.
Frequently Ask Question :
- How much is the clear aligners market worth?
Fortune Business Insights says that the global market size was USD 2.31 billion in 2019 and is projected to reach USD 5.58 billion by 2027.
- What was the value of the global market in 2019?
In 2019, the market value stood at USD 2.31 billion.
- At what CAGR is the market projected to grow in the forecast period (2020-2027)?
Growing at a CAGR of 18.7%, the market will exhibit steady growth in the forecast period (2020-2027).
How will COVID-19 Pandemic Affect This Market?
- The number of elective procedures has declined in several countries owing to the outbreak of the Covid-19 pandemic.
- Owing to the preventive measures, such as complete lockdown and stay-at-home initiatives, the dental industry in Italy and China has been impacted severely.
- In these countries, there is a reduction of around 85% to 90% in the number of elective surgeries.
- In the European countries, as well as the U.S., similar instances are taking place.
For more information visit :
Adults Segment to Lead Backed by Higher Cases of Malocclusion amongst This Age Group
In terms of patient age group, the market is bifurcated into adults and teenagers. Out of these, the adults segment is anticipated to dominate in the near future in terms of this market share. This growth is attributable to the increasing utilization of technologically advanced products owing to the rising incidence of malocclusion in people belonging to this age group. Additionally, the surging aesthetic demand from adults would contribute to the growth of this segment.
North America to Remain at Forefront Owing to Rising Usage of Novel Products
North America generated USD 1.33 billion in 2019 in terms of revenue. This region would lead the market throughout the forecast period. It would occur because of the presence of multiple reputed manufacturers in this region. Coupled with this, the rising usage of novel clear aligners by people and high investments by key companies in research and development activities would propel growth. Apart from that, the presence of well-established clinics for orthodontics, favorable reimbursement policies for dentistry, and rising clientele of general practitioners are likely to contribute to the market growth in this region. Europe, on the other hand, is set to remain in the second position on account of the increasing usage of these aligners by teenagers, as well as the rising upgradation of dental products for treatment procedures.
Key Players Focus on Introducing Unique Products to Attract Attention of Consumers
The companies present in the market are persistently striving to gain more sales and thereby generate high revenue. To do so, they are constantly investing hefty amounts of money in research and development activities. With the help of these, they are able to launch new clear aligners in the market that are equipped with advanced technology. Below are a couple of the latest industry developments:
- January 2020: Western Dental & Orthodontics launched its latest orthodontic aligners named ClearArc. It is cost-effective and can be afforded by all. The company claims that it is much better than the conventional braces.
- June 2019: 3Shape unveiled its new workflow infused with the 3Shape technology. It would help the production and design partners to allow practices and labs to provide clear aligner treatments to the patients.
Fortune Business Insights™ presents a list of all the manufacturers of clear aligners operating in the global market. They are as follows:
- Align Technology, Inc.
- Institute Straumann AG
- ENVISTA HOLDINGS CORPORATION
- 3Shape A/S
- Dentsply Sirona
- Argen Corporation
- Henry Schein, Inc.
Global Clear Aligners Market Segmentation :
By Patient Age Group
By End User
- Dental & Orthodontic Clinics
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Europe (U.K., Germany, France, Italy, Spain, and Rest of Europe)
- Asia-Pacific (Japan, China, India, Australia, South East Asia, and Rest of Asia-Pacific)
- Rest of the World
Have Any Query? Ask Our Experts:
Table Of Content :
- Research Scope
- Market Segmentation
- Research Methodology
- Definitions and Assumptions
- Executive Summary
- Market Dynamics
- Market Drivers
- Market Restraints
- Market Opportunities
- Key Insights
- Number of Dentists – for Key Countries
- Number of Orthodontists – for Key Countries
- Number of GPs/Primary Care Physicians – for Key Countries
- Number of Orthodontic Procedures – for Key Countries
- Overview of Prevalence of Malocclusion By Key Countries/ Sub region
- Overview of Advancements in Clear Aligners
- Pricing Analysis
- Overview on Reimbursement Scenario – Orthodontics Treatment
- Overview on Reimbursement Scenario – Clear Aligners
- Key Industry Developments for key Countries/Regions -Mergers, Partnerships, & Acquisitions
- Brand Analysis
More Trending Topics from Fortune Business Insights :
Fortune Business Insights(TM) offers expert corporate analysis and accurate data, helping organizations of all sizes make timely decisions. We tailor innovative solutions for our clients, assisting them to address challenges distinct to their businesses. Our goal is to empower our clients with holistic market intelligence, giving a granular overview of the market they are operating in.
Our reports contain a unique mix of tangible insights and qualitative analysis to help companies achieve sustainable growth. Our team of experienced analysts and consultants use industry-leading research tools and techniques to compile comprehensive market studies, interspersed with relevant data.
At Fortune Business Insights(TM) we aim at highlighting the most lucrative growth opportunities for our clients. We, therefore, offer recommendations, making it easier for them to navigate through technological and market-related changes. Our consulting services are designed to help organizations identify hidden opportunities and understand prevailing competitive challenges
Fortune Business Insights(TM) Pvt. Ltd.
308, Supreme Headquarters,
Survey No. 36, Baner,
Pune – 411045, Maharashtra, India.
US :+1 424 253 0390
UK : +44 2071 939123
APAC : +91 744 740 1245
Email: [email protected]
Related Reports :