The global bleeding disorders therapeutics market size is set for steady expansion owing to the increasing prevalence of hemophilia in the world. According to a study led by researchers from the McMaster University in Canada, more than 1,125,000 males worldwide are suffering from inherited bleeding disorders in 2019. Approximately 418,000 of them have severe form of these diseases, the study finds. Moreover, the World Federation of Hemophilia estimates that the number of people with bleeding disorders increased sharply by 6.8% in 2017 from 2016 levels. This consistent rise in the prevalence of this disease will shape the bleeding disorders therapeutics market trends in the forecast period. More importantly, there is a dire need to develop more advanced and effective treatment options as hemophilia is an incurable disorder and preventing it is almost impossible as it is inherited and can have ethnic origins.
For more information in the analysis of this report, visit: https://www.fortunebusinessinsights.com/industry-reports/bleeding-disorders-therapeutics-market-101169
Increasing Investment in Research to Intensify Competition
The bleeding disorders therapeutics market report predicts that competition in this market will receive a strong stimulus from the rising focus of companies on developing innovative products. To that end, many key players are ramping up their investment in research and diversifying their product portfolio.
Key Industry Developments:
- July 2019: Pfizer and Sangamo Therapeutics declared results of the Phase 1/2 Alta study that they jointly conducted to assess the effectivity of the SB-525 gene therapy for severe hemophilia A. The result showed that the activity levels of Factor VIII rose as a result of the dose administered.
- March 2019: Biotest AG got clearance from thirteen European countries for its double concentrated Haemoctin(R)SDH injection for the treatment of hemophilia A in Europe. The company reduced the volume of the dosage to make it more convenient for the patient, as hemophilia A patients need to take frequent injections.
Prominent Players Identified:
- China Biologic Products Holdings, Inc.
- Novo Nordisk A/S
- Grifols, S.A.
- Pfizer, Inc.
- Bayer AG
- Kedrion S.p.A
Segmentation of the Global Bleeding Disorders Therapeutics Market
- Plasma-Derived Coagulation Factor Concentrates
- Recombinant Coagulation Factor Concentrates
- Fibrin Sealants
- Hemophilia A
- Hemophilia B
- Von Willebrand Disease
By End Users
- Ambulatory Surgical Centres
- Specialty Clinics
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Europe (U.K., Germany, France, Italy, Spain, Scandinavia, and Rest of Europe)
- Asia Pacific (Japan, China, India, Australia, Southeast Asia, and Rest of Asia Pacific)
- Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and Rest of Latin America)
- Middle East & Africa (South Africa, GCC, and Rest of the Middle East & Africa)
More Trending Topics From Fortune Business [email protected]