The global “Conjunctivitis Treatment” Market is set to gain traction from the rising technological advancements in the field of ophthalmology. Besides, the increasing discovery of new techniques of drug delivery would also impact the market positively. This information is given by Fortune Business Insights™ in a recently published report, titled, “Conjunctivitis Treatment Market Size, Share & COVID-19 Impact Analysis, By Drug Class (Antibiotics, Antiviral, Anti-allergic, Artificial Tear and Others), By Disease Type (Bacterial Conjunctivitis, Viral Conjunctivitis, and Allergic Conjunctivitis) By Route of Administration (Topical, Oral, and Intravitreal), By Distribution Channel (Hospital Pharmacies, Online Pharmacies, and Retail Pharmacies & Drug Stores), and Regional Forecast, 2020-2027.” The report further states that the conjunctivitis treatment market size was USD 3.85 billion in 2019 and is projected to reach USD 4.38 billion by 2027, exhibiting a CAGR of 3.7% during the forecast period.
Request a Sample Copy of the Research Report:
COVID-19 can affect the global economy in three main ways: by directly affecting production and demand, by creating supply chain and market disruption, and by its financial impact on firms and financial markets. The outbreak of COVID-19 has brought effects on many aspects, like flight cancellations travel bans and quarantines restaurants closed all indoor events restricted over forty countries state of emergency declared massive slowing of the IT Spending market volatility falling business confidence, growing panic among the population, and uncertainty about future.
Out research methodology is robust and includes data triangulation based on bottom-up and top-down approaches. We validated the approximate market number with the help of primary research. Secondary research was conducted to find out detailed information about mergers & acquisitions, collaborations, joint ventures, and agreements. At the same time, we have derived significant information about the market dynamics associated with growth drivers, trends, and obstacles.
This Report Answers the Following Questions:
- What are the market growth drivers, dynamics, and hindrances?
- Which segment is set to lead the market in the near future?
- Which company would generate the largest revenue?
- How will the companies surge sales of new drugs for conjunctivitis treatment?
An Overview of the Impact of COVID-19 on this Market :
The emergence of COVID-19 has brought the world to a standstill. We understand that this health crisis has brought an unprecedented impact on businesses across industries. However, this too shall pass. Rising support from governments and several companies can help in the fight against this highly contagious disease. There are some industries that are struggling and some are thriving. Overall, almost every sector is anticipated to be impacted by the pandemic.
We are taking continuous efforts to help your business sustain and grow during COVID-19 pandemics. Based on our experience and expertise, we will offer you an impact analysis of corona virus outbreak across industries to help you prepare for the future.
For more information visit :
North America to Dominate Fueled by Presence of Several Industry Giants
Geographically, North America procured USD 1.85 billion in terms of revenue in 2019 and is expected to lead in the near future. This growth is attributable to the rising awareness about eye diseases amongst the masses, presence of industry giants in the region, and the increasing cases of conjunctivitis. Europe is anticipated to remain in the second position on account of the surging usage of novel drugs for conjunctivitis treatment, rising pool of conjunctivitis patients, and increasing healthcare expenditure in this region.
Quick Buy – Conjunctivitis Treatment Market Research Report:
Drivers & Restraints-
Rising Awareness Programs about Eye-related Diseases will Propel Growth
Conjunctivitis can be of three types, namely, allergic, viral, and bacterial. The National Centre for Biotechnology Information mentioned that these types of diseases vary from person to person according to the season of the year and the patient’s age. It also spreads rapidly through direct contact, such as sneezing, coughing, and hands. Also, numerous companies are trying to launch new drug formulations and innovative drug delivery systems for faster recovery of the patients. Apart from that, ocular disorder management and the increasing awareness programs about eye-related diseases would contribute to the conjunctivitis treatment market growth in the coming years.
COVID-19 to Contribute to a Lower Growth Due to Strong Decline in Hospital Visits
The outbreak of the COVID-19 pandemic across the globe is set to negatively impact the global market growth. Despite the patients suffering from conjunctivitis tend to be at a high risk of getting injected by viral conjunctiva that is usually caused because of adenovirus, the market is expected to undergo a decline. While coronavirus also causes several similar ocular signs and symptoms, such as conjunctivitis infection, watery discharge, photophobia, and eye irritation. Due to the stringent lockdowns imposed by governments across the globe, the postponement or cancellations of non-life-threatening medical visits is expected to restrict the market growth as lesser prescriptions for conjunctivitis will be issued in this time period.
Key Players Focus on Receiving Fast Track Approvals for Their New Drugs
The companies operating in the market are presently focusing on investing hefty amounts of money to conduct research and develop activities. These are helping them to develop new drugs for conjunctivitis treatment. They are also trying to receive approvals for their novel drugs from the regulatory bodies. Below are two of the latest industry developments:
- April 2020: Ocular Therapeutix™, Inc., a biopharmaceutical firm declared the Phase 3 clinical trial results. It was conducted to find out the efficacy and safety of DEXTENZA® for the treatment of ocular itching caused by allergic conjunctivitis. As per the results, DEXTENZA is capable of treating the disease.
- May 2017: The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) announced its approval of a New Drug Application (NDA) named Zerviate. It will be used to treat ocular itching that is caused by allergic conjunctivitis. It is considered to be the first topical ocular formulation of Nicox, an ophthalmology company based in France.
Fortune Business Insights™ lists out the names of all the manufacturers of drugs used for conjunctivitis treatment. They are as follows:
- Akorn, Incorporated
- Eyevance Pharmaceuticals LLC.
- NOVARTIS AG
- Santen Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd
- Bausch & Lomb Incorporated
- Others key market players
Have Any Query? Ask Our Experts:
Global Conjunctivitis Treatment Market Segmentation :
By Drug Class
- Artificial Tears
By Disease Type
- Bacterial Conjunctivitis
- Viral Conjunctivitis
- Allergic Conjunctivitis
By Route of Administration
By Distribution Channel
- Hospital Pharmacies
- Online Pharmacies
- Retail Pharmacies & Drug Stores
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Europe (U.K., Germany, France, Italy, Spain, Scandinavia, and Rest of Europe)
- Asia-Pacific (Japan, China, India, Australia, Southeast Asia, and Rest of Asia- Pacific)
- Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and Rest of Latin America)
- Middle East & Africa (GCC, South Africa, and Rest of Middle East & Africa)
SECONDARY DATA SOURCES THAT WE REFER TO:
- Annual reports, investor presentation, SEC filings, and press releases of companies operating in the market
- Studies published by relevant associations MedTech Europe; American College of Radiology; Cancer Council Australia; Japan Hospital Association, etc.), government sources (Centers for Disease Control & Prevention, Ministry of Health, Labour & Welfare, Japan; National Health Service, England, etc.), international organizations (World Health Organization, The Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development, Eurostat, etc.), and articles published by Research Gate, NCBI, etc.
- Website, reports, and press releases of end user facilities – Hospitals, Ambulatory Surgery Centres, Clinics
- Industry journals and paid databases
SECONDARY RESEARCH IS CONDUCTED TO DERIVE THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION:
- Details such as revenues, market share, strategies, growth rate, product & their pricing by region/country for all major companies
- Details in relation to prevalence, incidence, patient numbers, distribution of patients, average price of treatment, etc.
- Number of end user facilities by region/country and average annual spending or procurement of devices by type of end user facility
- Number of procedures and average price of procedures
- Replacement rate and pricing of capital equipment
- Market dynamics in relation to the market under focus – Drivers, restraints, trends, and opportunities
- Market & technological trends, new product developments, product pipeline.
Fortune Business Insights(TM) offers expert corporate analysis and accurate data, helping organizations of all sizes make timely decisions. We tailor innovative solutions for our clients, assisting them to address challenges distinct to their businesses. Our goal is to empower our clients with holistic market intelligence, giving a granular overview of the market they are operating in.
Our reports contain a unique mix of tangible insights and qualitative analysis to help companies achieve sustainable growth. Our team of experienced analysts and consultants use industry-leading research tools and techniques to compile comprehensive market studies, interspersed with relevant data.
At Fortune Business Insights(TM) we aim at highlighting the most lucrative growth opportunities for our clients. We, therefore, offer recommendations, making it easier for them to navigate through technological and market-related changes. Our consulting services are designed to help organizations identify hidden opportunities and understand prevailing competitive challenges
Fortune Business Insights(TM) Pvt. Ltd.
308, Supreme Headquarters,
Survey No. 36, Baner,
Pune – 411045, Maharashtra, India.
US :+1 424 253 0390
UK : +44 2071 939123
APAC : +91 744 740 1245
Email: [email protected]
Related Reports :